Seasonal Healthy Toddler Snacks.
Our in-house nutritionist Mary van der Westhuzien has devised a set of seasonal after-nursery toddler snack recipes to see you & your toddler through the winter season.
She has used simple, fresh everyday organic ingredients with clever combinations to maximise not only on taste but also nutritional value.
Recipe for Peanut Butter energy ball Toddler Snacks.
Smooth Peanut Butter (125g)
Date Syrup (65g)
Ground flax (125g)
Coconut oil (1 tsp )
Vanilla extract (1tsp)
1. Mix peanut butter, honey and oats together.
2. Add vanilla extract, cinnamon, coconut oil and flax.
3. Mix until combined.
4. Roll dough into small balls then refrigerate.
- For older children (from 1 year) you can substitute plain flax for Waitrose’s blend of flax, cacao and chicory inulin.
- For added flavour roll balls in desiccated coconut
Peanuts are a rich source of protein, fibre and monounsaturated (good) fats, all of which will help to keep a child’s blood sugar levels balanced which can help a child to feel full and content between meals.
Cinnamon further supports healthy blood sugar levels.
Oats are an excellent source of both insoluble and soluble fibre so they help support healthy digestion.
Flaxseeds are rich in fibre and a good source of omega-3 essential fatty acids – fats which we should be aiming to get into our diet daily.